Production Lead APPLY NOW
The Production Lead is responsible for leading the team of bakers and packers for La Boulangerie Marguerite and overseeing the production of baked goods are completed on schedule while conforming to the quality standards our customers expect. The role is the Owners main point of contact for bakery production and works directly with the Owner/Manager while living out the values of:
- Quality – finding a path to excellence with our people, products, and partners.
- Curiosity – teaching and learning from each other with a willingness to be open hearted.
- Community – fostering a spirit of teamwork within the bakery while helping to maintain our identity and our history as a neighborhood bakery.
This position requires an understanding of each position in the production area of the bakery and how each role fits together so that the entire operation runs smoothly. In addition, the Production Lead takes responsibility for leading the staff and maintaining high quality standards for our employees, customers, and our products.
This is a salaried, full time position with benefits. Approximately 45 work hours per week. We are looking for a well-rounded individual to join our team and allowing the owners to have more time for product development and customer service.
• Minimum of 5+ years in a bakery and production environment
• Experience as a baker in a production environment.
• Experience working with and leading a team of bakers preferred
• Experience with family-owned businesses preferred
• Willingness to troubleshoot equipment or building issues to avoid business interruptions
• Positive attitude, excellent communication skills, and an understanding of/ability to implement a team approach in the bakery
• Possesses a strong sense of teamwork
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent multi-tasker with attention to detail
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency
• Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and general computer knowledge
• Comfortable with learning office systems and processes (ingredient and ordering processes)
• Experience with Quick Books; Clover and POS systems preferred.
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
• Lead the team of bakers and packers in every phase of product preparation and operations
• Assist in hiring staff and provide ongoing training/cross training for bakers and packers.
• Step in and be hands-on with baking and packing when the production levels or staffing requires it (this position includes “rolling up your sleeves” and baking or packing when needed)
• Assist in evaluating the performance of each team member on a regular basis, as well as motivate employees to achieve maximum effectiveness
• Be responsible for planning and completing the daily and weekly production levels.
• Be responsible for opening and closing duties.
• Schedule day to day staffing
• Track and monitor inventories and sales levels.
• Maintain superior product quality
• Meet with owners on a regular basis
• Exceed customer expectations
• Create and maintain a positive work environment
• Ensure the bakery is clean, organized, and uncluttered
• Uphold and promote the La Boulangerie Marguerite image, brand, and culture
What we offer to our team:
- Vacation Pay, Holidays and Holiday Pay
- Employee Growth & Development Opportunities
- Simple IRA plans with Company Match (starting in 2022)
- Health Savings Account – Monthly Contribution (starting in 2022)
The Production Lead position is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a growing operation. The potential growth for this position is to move to a Production Supervisor role and then into a management role. To start, the position will require hours that will likely include being on-site from 2 PM to 10 PM at the bakery on a daily basis.2021-10-16|||1279 Randolph Avenue; St. Paul, MN 55104|||Production||||||xspHvihOUZun8cFR|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false