Retail Staff Associate: Full Time APPLY NOW
Who We Are:
The Mission of La Boulangerie Marguerite is to produce high-quality bakery products cost effectively -- in an environment that is safe, clean and friendly for our employees and community. Since 1921, the building at the corner of Randolph and Syndicate has operated as a family-run, neighborhood bakery. Each generation of ownership has represented families dedicated to collaborating and bringing this community their best in bread and pastries. La Boulangerie Marguerite is evolving to authentically reflect its small business core values of Community, Curiosity, and Quality.
Quality: Quality is about understanding our path to excellence.
Curiosity: Curiosity is our willingness to learn and be open hearted.
Community: Community is our team work.
Provides customer service support to the organization to ensure an excellent standard of service and maintains high-level of customer satisfaction. This position reports directly to the Retail Supervisor.
A Retail Associate's responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Must be available to work approximately 35-40 hours as scheduled. Shifts may begin as early as 5AM Mon-Sat and end as late as 1PM Mon or 4PM Tues-Sat.
- Operates the retail outlet store ensuring the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Prepares the store to ensure all product is displayed prior to opening the retail outlet.
- Fills, maintains, and rotates products and displays.
- Operates Point of Sale cash register/ credit card machine, bread slicer, and other retail equipment
- Attends to details of transactions.
- Provides accurate product knowledge and pricing information to customers.
- Takes and processes order information – with customer’s needs and production process in mind.
- Completes assigned shift duties – works as a team with other bakery employees
- Participates in comprehensive training and development programs.
- Answers phones and multi-tasks order and service responsibilities.
- Maintains positive customer relations and takes actions necessary to resolve issues involving customer orders and product quality
- Maintains safe working conditions and preserves the integrity of the environmental health and safety system through adherence to the policies and procedures outlined in the Safety Manual.
- Is engaged and enthused with other team members and always has a positive attitude with customers.
- Is self-directed during slower periods of operation
- Brings creativity and problem-solving skills to service situations
- Adheres to all regulatory requirements including FDA, EPA, OSHA and HACCP.
- 1 + years of experience in customer service or other related field, preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Able and willing to deliver friendly, courteous, prompt customer service.
- Able and willing to work well with others as a team member.
- Able and willing to interpret, understand and follow instructions and solve problems.
- Able and willing to direct self in slow times to help accomplish bakery goals.
- A Retail Associate's duties are performed primarily in the Retail department; however staff are cross trained in back of house, packaging, aiding in decorating, and office support.
- Work includes walking, standing for prolonged periods, multitasks in fast-paced environment, reaching and lifting baked goods weighing up to 50 pounds.